Artist Statement                                          

                                                               Snow Lyu

     This semester is going to the end quickly. Sometimes when I recall some works and process, I have many great time with this art class, I really enjoy this process when I drawing or making something. There are works that I really like, such as dream catcher, paper mache and complementary color.
     About the dream catcher, it’s almost the best and favorite work I did. We will using a hoop of willow, and decorating it with findings, bits and pieces of everyday life, (feather, arrow heads, beads, etc). About the story of dream catcher is very interesting.The dream catcher is believed to have the power to   have the power to catch all of a person’s dreams, trapping the bad ones, and letting only the good dreams pay through the dream catcher. It’s not that hard to do, but still i face some hard place to do, such as the web, is so complicated. I always forgot the step I used to do, and got a mess. Then, I have to do it again. Nothing else is harder than that, but it’s still a long process, needs your patient and nice treat. Another work is complementary color. 
     In complementary color, I learned a lot and I really like to mix the color. When we just have 3 based color, red, yellow and blue. I really can’t imagine I can use only 3 color to draw a picture. And before that, we did about 100 different color, just use these 3 based color. Some of the complementary color is very interesting, like there is a color wheel we did before. When i start to draw a painting and want to with complementary color, I can use the color wheel easily to choose the complementary color and draw a picture. So far, now I think i learned a lot of useful skills.
     Those works can decorating my room, or as a presents. I  learned so many art skills this this term.

评论

此博客中的热门博文