Dream catcher

                                         Dream Catcher

                         Dream catcher;leather, loop, beads, feather, string; about a hand;2017

This dream catcher might be one of my favorite activity we did in class. It's hard to me to weave the web, because I always get wrong direction and sometimes will forget how to do. I use the light brown and red feather, some gold beads on the top of the feather, because red is a lucky color in China. Even dream catcher is not from China but I still like this color.

Dream catchers are one of the most fascinating traditions of Native Americans. The positive dreams would slip through the hole in the center of the dream catcher, and glide down the feathers to the sleeping person below. The negative dreams would get caught up in the web, and expire when the first rays of the sun struck them.

My dream catcher is one of my favorite works. It's not that hard but still, I feel confused when i make the web, it's really hard to start. I was afraid the web is not pretty enough, so I fixed it many times. The way that make the web is very interesting, i have a lots of questions on it because it's the first time. I would like to try a bigger one next time.

评论

此博客中的热门博文